- This event has passed.
Rebooting: Supply chain considerations (panel 2 of 6)
May 27, 2020Free
In this series of six free, weekly, online panels, experts from the University of Waterloo and representatives from some of Canada’s leading companies will share their research, real-world expertise, and experience to help identify the risks and plot the future of adapting to this new normal. Learn how you can apply their research findings to the needs of your enterprise and your own aspirations. Together, let’s create the future.
Registration is required for each of the 6 panels
A Webex link will be provided before the talk. Each webinar will feature a 60-minute, moderated panel, with 5 or 6 participants followed by an optional 30-minute Q&A (questions can be submitted through the web conference chat).
The Post-COVID-19 Reboot series is presented by University of Waterloo Gateway for Enterprises to Discover Innovation (GEDI).
Panel #2 Rebooting: Supply chain considerations
The second panel will look at restarting, rebuilding, and reimagining both local and global supply chains. Through a lens of environmental and social sustainability, we will discuss changes in governance, the rise of populism, and cost vs. other drivers in building, or re-building, supply chains.
Moderator: Larry Smith – Adjunct Associate Professor, Economics; Director, Problem Lab
Expert panelists include:
- Jatin Nathwani – Executive Director Waterloo Institute for Sustainable Energy (WISE); Professor, Department of Management Science and Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Fatma Gzara – Associate Professor, Department of Management Sciences; Co-director Waterloo Analytics & Optimization Lab
- Olaf Weber – Professor, School of Environment, Enterprise and Development (SEED)
- Rohan Gupte – Senior Program Manager, Supply Chain Execution, Amazon
What’s next in our series? Register for additional panel sessions:
- June 2 | Rebooting: Security and data privacy considerations (panel 3 of 6)
Rebooting with Research series:
- June 11 | Rebooting with research: Tackling real-world problems (panel 4 of 6)
- June 18 | Rebooting with research: Viral detection & mitigation (panel 5 of 6)
- June 25 | Rebooting with research: Our virtual future (panel 6 of 6)
The recorded sessions will be posted to the University of Waterloo YouTube channel as available, check back soon!
If you have any questions, please contact GEDI at GEDI.firstname.lastname@example.org.